Thursday, October 23, 2014

DIY Glitter Letters

As some of you already know, I'm absolutely obsessed with holiday decor! I also really like doing crafts that 1) don't take a lot of time, and 2) are easy enough for anyone to do. I'm happy to report that these glitter letters satisfied those requirements and are perfectly customizable to any occasion or holiday. Plus, hello, glitter! I'm already planning out what words I want to do for Thanksgiving and Christmas! 

Supplies Needed:
Cardboard letters (any craft store should have them!)
Black spray paint
Garbage bag or something to spray paint on
Glitter
Mod Podge
Sponge paintbrush
Paper plate
Ribbon
Scissors

I started by laying down a garbage bag and spray painting the backs and sides of the cardboard letters. Don't forget to paint the inside edges!
Once they had a chance to dry, I flipped them over and spray painted the tops.
I immediately sprinkled the glitter over the wet spray paint. Since the sides are dry, you shouldn't have glitter stick anywhere else.
Let the letters dry for 20 or so minutes and then cover the tops in Mod Podge.
Once the Mod Podge has dried, tie some ribbons around the letters if you wish!
Now comes the fun part - finding the perfect place to display your glitter letters!
books: already had // crow: Dollar Tree // candy jars: Goodwill // garlands: homemade

No comments:

Post a Comment