Friday, January 23, 2015

Sunshine Gift Idea


Peachy Keen: "Sunshine" Gift Idea
I'm a big fan of sending little pick-me-up packages to people. In fact, that was probably one of my favorite things about keeping in contact with friends who were serving missions--I loved coming up with different themes, color combinations, etc. (I know, so ridiculous! ;) The chance to collect fun, little things while walking around a store and knowing that it'll make someone's day a little bit better? Yes, please! I love it so much, that I decided to send my little sister a "sunshine" package to open as she jumps into a new semester at college.
Peachy Keen: "Sunshine" Gift Idea
What I included in the package:
  • gold bead necklaces
  • Butterfingers
  • Burt's Bees chapstick
  • Juicy Fruit gum
  • hearts cut out of yellow felt
  • fingernail polish
  • balloons
  • a sticky note pad with a pick-me-up note/drawing on each page
  • a letter
  • a fake flower
  • Lemonheads
What are your favorite things to send people when they need a pick-me-up?
------------------------------------------
Linking up over here today:
 Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
From My Front Porch to Yours
With a Blast 
My Romantic Home
The Pin Junkie
An Alli Event
Diana Rambles
Our Secondhand House
The Evolution of Mom
Coastal Charm

9 comments:

  1. I so adore this idea! (: Thanks for sharing!!

    Visiting from http://andieconn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea! Thanks so much for linking up with us over at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting us link up :)

      Delete
    2. Lex, just wanted to pop by and let you know that this post has been featured this week over at the #HomeMattersParty - you can check it out here: http://theroadtodomestication.com/2015/01/30/home-matters-linky-party-22/

      Delete
  3. such a darling idea! i'm going to send one of these out this month for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexa! Isn't happy mail the best?!

      Delete
  4. This fun gift would surely cheer someone up! I love putting together colored themed gifts. When our youngest son was on his mission I had fun sending him lots of colored packages, like green goodies for St. Patty's. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have to admit that I'm quite jealous! Can't wait until I have kids of my own and they go on missions or move away so I can send them fun stuff. :)

      Delete