Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Candy Pumpkin Garland



Chad asked me two months ago if we could, please, take home a few bags of the pumpkin-shaped candy corns that were calling to him from an early holiday display at the grocery store. Part of me wanted to say no because, hello, when I ask if we can set up the Christmas tree two months early I get an "after Thanksgiving" in response. Who are we kidding. Christmas trumps Halloween.

BUT, because he's a sweetie and has really awesome hair, we took a few bags home with us. He ate one, he ate two, he ate three bags of these sugary orange things by himself. A fourth bag has been taking up real estate in a candy display jar for too long. I'm ready to fill it with something that actually tastes good (read: any other Halloween candy).

As a 90's child, I made my fair share of threaded popcorn garlands. So, the logical thing to do was thread a heavy needle, poke it through the rest of our candy corns, and put it on display.


I had to secure the candy corns with tacky glue, and then after that royally failed, hot glue. Eventually, I realized attaching the garland with tape was horridly unattractive and I opted for tiny command hooks instead. Another thing I am failing at: cameras. DSLRs have so many buttons, and the only one I know how to use is the one that takes the picture. I'm working on it, I swear.

I love this wreath. Using black burlap created the perfect torn and tattered Halloween look. The tutorial here is awesome & easy to follow.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so cute!! I would never have thought to do this.

    Kindness is the best accessory,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete