Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Lunch Idea

Peachy Keen Blog: Halloween Lunch Ideas - Food is always more fun when it's holiday shaped!
To be perfectly honest with you guys, I was at work yesterday and noticed that the clementine next to my keyboard looked just like a mini pumpkin. So I did what any self-respecting person would do and grabbed my Sharpie marker to give it the face it needed. Yes, needed. :)

I brought the clementine home with me and decided to put together a little Halloween sack lunch for my husband. I made a PB&J, pulled out my handy dandy pumpkin cookie cutter, and went to town making that sandwich festive.* I hunted in the cupboards for some little candies, retrieved a milk glass bottle and a Halloween paper straw from my collection (more on that later), and ransacked the kitchen for a brown paper bag. When everything had been gathered and put together, I stole a few candies to eat and that was that. So simple. So cute.

Basically what I'm saying is that you should probably throw together a festive meal (or maybe you already have!), and share your ideas with me. Next time I'm thinking little mandarin orange cup with a pumpkin face drawn on the plastic top.

Quick, someone find me a 5-year old so I can put together festive sack lunches for them every day instead of embarrassing my husband at work. 

 *there's another whole PB&J and clementine not pictured that also went into his lunch - he doesn't starve, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment