Monday, July 28, 2014

Perfectly Pink Lips

I've never been one of those people that gets a golden tan every summer, and as a result I'm usually pasty white year-round. I've had to find other ways to add some color to my face and the fastest way for me to do that is swiping on some lipstick or lipgloss as I run out the door.

The first lipstick I ever bought was a super light pink one that I picked up from Target, but I quickly realized that it wasn't doing much for me; I looked just as washed out as ever. Over time I tried various shades of pinks from all different brands but I never found a lipstick that I was totally and completely in love with.  Fortunately, Andy saved the day when she gave me Mac Creme Cup for Christmas last year. It's been a staple in my makeup bag since and I don't see that changing anytime soon. She also recently gave me the Creme Brûlée NYX Butter Gloss and I've become quite the fan.

I love wearing them separately, but wearing them together, man, that's what dreams are made of! Although Creme Cup is a matte lipstick, it doesn't dry out my lips while adding that color I desperately need. Applying the Creme Brûlée lip gloss on top adds the perfect amount of shine, and the color really compliments the shade of the lipstick.

To all of my fair-skinned friends out there, I can't recommend this combo enough(!!) and you should check out this post on sunless summer tan products to get that perfect golden tan.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhh mac. why do they continue to be the best always. i've been looking for the perfect pink lipstick. THANK YOU.
    xoxo
    e
    the little diary

    ReplyDelete