Monday, November 3, 2014

Pie Month: Candy Bar Pie

A Peachy Keen Pie Month: Candy Bar Pie

Earlier this week, the weather man called for snow. On the one hand, I am currently garage-less and the thought of scraping thick layers of frost off of my early morning windshield makes me want to cry. On the other hand, snow tends to mean Christmas is coming. I'll do anything for Christmas. 

The snow didn't come. But it's been cold, man. Cold and wet and the last of the autumn leaves are fluttering off of the trees and sticking to everything. November has its bright spots, though. Thanksgiving will be here in a few weeks. That means PIE SEASON, people. In preparation, I've been practicing my pathetic pastry skills. 

I snatched this particular recipe from a local morning show that I watched during a bout of mono in high school and have kept it ever since. It is the best kind of pie because it requires 1) no actual baking involved and 2) lots of chocolate.



CANDY BAR PIE RECIPE

Ingredients: 
-1/2 cup of milk
-Half a bag of big marshmallows
-5 to 6 Hershey candy bars. (I prefer the ones with almonds for texture. Also, the grocery store was selling it's Halloween sugary things for 1/2 off, so I substituted about half a bag of the fun-sized stuff.)
-Whipped cream
-Graham cracker pie crust. Mine is store bought. 

Directions: 

1. Throw your milk and marshmallows in a pan over the stove until the marshmallows have all melted down and are thoroughly mixed in. 
2. Throw your candy bars in until they are melted down and mixed in. Stir a lot or burning will happen.
3. Take the pan off of the burner and fold in 1 cup of whipped cream. 
4. Pour it into your crust. Let it set up in the freezer for a couple of hours.
5. After it's chilled to your desired consistency, spread the rest of the whipped cream over top. Sometimes I use a star tip and a piping bag for this if I need it to look semi-fancy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment